Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I had learned in “seen & unseen: privacy”

Today, Sr Dr. Illias Said had given us a speech named “seen & unseen: privacy”. Ha talked about the story of a poor little boy, a rich little boy, a poor little girl, a rich little girl, and the story of the elephant and pokok asam.


From his story, I had learned many things. 1st, in the story of poor boy and rich boy, they had bring their dreams since young and the hope of their whole villagers’ to see them success in USM. However, their dream cannot last long. Due to the pressure and financial problems, they had shrunk their big, big dream into an affordable one. Dr. Illias also showed the before and after of the two boys. They actually became same and forget about the main purpose why they came to USM. In this story, I had learned that we must not shrink our dream that appeared since young. We must know that we are bringing our parents and villagers hope to study at here.


Although maybe the class is very boring, the assignments cost tons of money, need to stay midnight oil, the lecturers talked nonsense and many more, we must learned how to stay calm. Of course, we must not change our dream. With the dream as guidance, it will encourage us to cope these problems.


Well, in the story of poor girl and rich girl, I had learned that we should not follow the trend that is famous now. Try to become our own selves. We should become a tidy person, whether inside or outside our body. This is very important because if we want to success, we need give others a good 1st impression.


Now is the story of the elephant and the pokok asam. I gained lots of things in this story. We must not what the seniors told us of something is good or bad. We should able to think and judge by involving ourselves in the situation. Maybe the seniors will give a bad advice or guidance, we do not know. The world is very big, we should try to discover it, and not just enjoy at this moment. We should try to think out of the box and get something very different from others. We should not think so limit just like the elephant tied with a tiny rope that actually it can break it easily. So, I am not going to become this elephant.


Last, I also try to analyze out the strengths, the weaknesses and the opportunities that I have. I will try to maintain and strengthen my strengths, improve and minimize my weaknesses, and try to find and use the opportunities that I have now. I am very happy because I am considered as the lucky one as the student in USM!!!