Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Content 1: What I read today (6 July, 2009 from 0900-1200)

This is my 1st day in housing, building &planning faculty which I like the most. This lecture had divided into 3 sections- 1st 0900-1030 is The Introduction, 2nd 1030-1130 was Project Grouping and the 3rd is 1130-1200 talk about the issue of project 1A, on ORIGINality.

The lecturer who had given all these speeches is Mr. Wan Burhanuddin Wan Abidin. He had introduced all the studio masters to us and wanted us to complete our 10 projects under 10 different studio masters. So, during the 3 hour’s lectures, I had read many things. 1st of all, I knew when to read and what to read. I had been exposed on the relationship between ‘intention- act- product- actors- rules- site’. This let me knew more about the purpose of why we need read. And we should read by using our eyes, listen with our ears, fully with our heart and not with our mouth. I’m quite agreed with his opinion.

Again, Mr. Wan told us to have time punctuality. He suggested us to change our time as in World timeserver .this would let to have same time with the studio masters, as well as among with the students. Yet, he also told us not to plagiarize. This is not good for us, especially APEX students to take the work or an idea of someone else and pass it off as ours own.
Then, we were introduced with the tools that we should need in ourselves, such as document, communicate, design, construct and serve.
After the talks, we were given time to find our own studio masters to register our name under their group to complete our 10 projects. Here is mine, shown as below:

P1-G13

P2-G12

P3-G1

P4-G8

P5-G10

P6-G4

P7-G6

P8-G7

P9-G3

P10-G5

*P- project G- group

After that, we were told to do our 1st project which called- Project 1A My Home. Wow, that’s quite difficult for me. Then, after I had listened the briefing, I knew what I should do. And here it is!!!